● Society Nature
Instructed by Shenzhen Intellectual Property Office (Copyright Office), Shenzhen Copyright Society (SCS) was formally established in September under the approval from the Civil Affairs Bureau of Shenzhen Municipality, in a move to implement the Outline of Intellectual Property Strategy of Shenzhen Municipality. The First Members’ Congress of the SCS adopted the election procedure and the Charter, and elected the President, Vice President, Executive Director, Directors and the Secretary-General. The SCS is a nonprofit social organization with legal person status formed by enterprises, nonprofit organizations and professional institutions in Shenzhen in the principle of voluntariness. The mission and objective of the SCS are to strengthen the research and protection for film, television, animation, music, literature, creative design, digital content and other sectors in Shenzhen, design relevant industry development strategies, build a bridge of communication between the government and enterprises, and seek government’s timely and effective policy support for the copyright industry.
Business Scope: Carry out copyright protection, handle copyright affairs, provide legal consultation services for members, help government organs implement trainings on copyright laws and business, and conduct academic research, industry survey and mediation of copyright dispute.
In April 2010, Guangdong Copyright Office authorized the SCS to serve as the only grassroots copyright workstation in Shenzhen Municipality and directly accept copyright registration business in the region.
Regulator: Shenzhen Market Supervision Administration
● SCS Functions
- Provide registration of works and software copyrights for applicants;
- Provide electronic evidence fixation with E-cat for original works;
- Provide legal consulting, electronic evidence fixation and agency of relevant legal affairs involving copyright protection;
- Carry out communication and training in respect of copyright protection and application, and advance application and promotion of copyright projects;
- Communicate with legislators and government authorities in relation to industry development requirements and seek policy supports;
- Provide expert appraisal services in relation to proprietorship of copyrights and copyright infringement;
- Promote domestic and overseas copyright transactions, and organize professional exchange events and exhibitions;
- Provide people’s mediation services pertaining to copyright dispute and resolve copyright disputes;
- Organize the rating of Shenzhen Copyright Gold Award;
● Organizational Structure
Member Development Department：
Society, abides by laws and regulations of the state and has good reputation can apply to become a member. Accept membership application, organize members to carry out activities, participate in international exhibitions and professional forums, provide government-aided policy services, and organize industry excellence election.
Copyright Registration Department：
Accept registration of foreign-related copyrights, domestic works, software copyrights, foreign-related copyright contracts and genuine software.
Legal Affairs Department：
Provide legal consulting, mediation of copyright dispute, electronic data evidence fixation and infringement appraisal services, and carry out copyright protection and litigation activities on an agency basis
Office Address of Shenzhen Copyright Society:
Room 603, 6F, Building 6, Shenzhen Bay Scientific Ecology Park, Shahe West Road, Nanshan District, Shenzhen
Telephone Number of Member Development Department 86546257, 86716210; Works Registration Hotline: 86660433; Software Registration Hotline: 86185515 Legal Affair Hotline (Electronic Evidence Fixation): 86185583; Copyright Dispute Mediation: 26920325
Room 602, 6F, Sida Plaza, 19 Meilin Road, Futian District, Shenzhen
Works Registration Hotline: 86185560; Electronic Evidence Fixation Hotline: 86185516